© Copyright 2016 Abundant Life Church Fellowship | 4401 Georgetown Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32210 | (904) 298-3448
In today's message, Pastor Scott teaches about the importance of Worshipping God in spirit and truth. Follow along using his outline below. Please help us spread the good news by sharing this message with others!
But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. 24 For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
~ John 4:23-24
Words used in the bible for worship:
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name
~ Psalms 100:4
Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation
~ Psalms 111:1
Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
~ Psalms 135:3
Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Six ways to praise God:
.1. ainesis - to thank
2. aineos - to retell a story for another’s benefit
3. doxa – an opinion that gives glory/honor/dignity
4. epaineo – to applaud
5. epainos - to acclaim as commendable ie. God is great
6. humneo - celebrate in song
Seven ways to worship God:
1. yadah to hold out the open hand, to admire with extended hands
2. towdah - the extension of the hands by a group
3. halal - to shine forth, to celebrate, to act foolishly, to boast about, to lose your mind in celebration, to rave
4. tehillah - from halal, in song
5. barak - to kneel, to honor God as an act of adoration by kneeling
6. shabach - to be loud, to address in a loud tone, shout unto God
7. zamar - celebrate in song & music.
Click here to DOWNLOAD SERMON NOTES